- At Level Orthodontics, we believe in early, preventative orthodontic care.
- Many orthodontic problems are easier to correct at a young age while the child still has significant growth potential.
- The Canadian and American Dental Association recommends all children see an Orthodontist by age 7.
- If your child does not require early treatment, we will place them in our complimentary observation program, where we will continue to monitor growth and development of the facial structures until the proper time for orthodontic treatment.
Advantages of Early Treatment
- Ability to guide the growth of the jaws in growing children
- Easier expansion of jaws if required
- Improved self-esteem during key developmental years
- Correction of harmful habits (thumb sucking, mouth breathing, tongue thrusting)
- Improved speech if affected by tooth or jaw position
- Possible airway improvement
- Possible avoidance of more invasive treatments in the future (dental extractions, jaw surgery)